As the industrial internet of things (IoT) grows in popularity, more and more companies are adopting it to increase efficiency and profits. However, one company that has been slow to catch on is GE, whose Predix platform is lagging behind its competitors. In this blog post, we will explore some of the best alternatives to GE’s Predix platform.
Top Predix Platform Alternatives
- PTC ThingWorx.
- Oracle IoT Cloud.
- Microsoft Azure IoT.
- Siemens MindSphere.
- Software AG Cumulocity IoT.
- IBM Watson IoT.
- SAP Leonardo IoT.
- PI System.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Predix, there are a few options out there. One option is Pivotal Cloud Foundry, which is an open source platform as a service. Cloud Foundry is available in both public and private cloud environments.
Other options include OpenShift by Red Hat and Amazon Web Services’ Elastic Beanstalk.
Predix is an industrial software platform from GE Digital that helps companies take advantage of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). It’s designed to collect and analyze data from machines and other industrial equipment, so that companies can improve their operations and prevent issues before they happen.
Predix has been around since 2013, but it’s still a relatively new platform.
As such, there aren’t many user reviews available online. However, the few reviews that are available are generally positive. One user, who works in the oil and gas industry, said that Predix has helped his company save millions of dollars by reducing downtime and increasing efficiency.
He also said that the platform is easy to use and offers great customer support. Another user, who works in manufacturing, said that Predix has helped his company become more agile and responsive to market changes. He also said that the platform is very scalable and can be used by companies of all sizes.
Overall, it seems like Predix is a promising platform with a lot of potential for industrial companies. If you’re considering using Predix for your business, it might be worth getting in touch with GE Digital to see if it’s a good fit for your needs.
Is Predix Open Source?
Yes, Predix is open source. You can find the code for it on GitHub.
What is Predix Cloud?
Predix cloud is a cloud-based, platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering from GE Digital that helps organizations develop and run industrial applications in the cloud. Predix cloud enables developers to build, deploy, and manage applications on a secure and scalable infrastructure. Predix cloud offers a variety of features and services that are designed to help developers create Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications.
Some of the key features of Predix Cloud include:
- Predix Cloud Services: These are a set of tools and services that help developers build IIoT applications on the Predix platform. Services include data management, security, application development, deployment, and more.
- Industrial Data Models: These are prebuilt models that can be used to quickly develop IIoT applications on the Predix platform. Models are available for various industries including oil & gas, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, and more.
- Asset Modeling: This is a tool that helps developers model industrial assets such as machines, sensors, pumps, valves, etc. Asset modeling makes it easy to connect real-world objects to digital representations in the Predix platform.
- Real-time Analytics: This is a set of tools that helps developers analyze data in near real-time to extract insights and make decisions about industrial operations.
Predix and Embedded Solutions for Industrial Internet
If you’re looking for an alternative to Predix, there are a few options out there. One option is ThingWorx, which is an industrial IoT platform that offers similar capabilities to Predix. Another option is Ayla Networks, which is also an IoT platform that focuses on connecting devices and sensors.
Finally, if you’re looking for a more general purpose data analytics platform, Splunk or Elasticsearch could be worth considering.